Popular Culture Promotions
The class is creating “Popular Culture Promotions”. Basically, promotion packages about a topic going on in popular culture. I examined the issues of gay/equal marriage and Prop 8, 2012 Apocalypse, and school nutrition. The 2012 idea lends itself to a lot of silliness and fun, but I think the gay/equal marriage plan would be the most interesting as well as enjoyable.
Moodboards and information:
Gay/Equal Marriage and Prop 8
- Wedding invitation/paraphernalia style
- Script fonts (Euphoria Script)
- Sans-serif fonts to break up the script fonts (Anton, Meta)—let scripts be for more highlighted words/points/titles.
- Colors – avoid cliché rainbow. Gender-neutral, neutrals with a highlight color, Tiffany-blue for American jewelry/romance reference
- Elegance without being feminine
- Damask print – something elegant for pattern, style
- Headline/main title: “Everyone is Invited”. Tagline/subtitle “To get married.”
- Arts and crafts style.. kind of
- Satire of apocalypse, panic
- Readiness preparedness plan/kit (last will and testament?)
- End-of-world survival kit (canned goods, blunt objects for weapons, matches)
- Grandiose language/alarmist style (WE’RE ALL GONNA DIEEE!)
- Sans-serif fonts
- Russian Constructivism?
- Industrial Revolution/advertising?
- Post-modernism (Raygun)
- Reds, blacks, greys
- Primary colors
- Nothing too “childish” (try to make for all ages, not just kindergarten)
- Fun, interesting, eye-catching (post-modernism [bring in da noise poster])
- Sans-serif (Meta, Anton)
- Lunch bag for package (canvas/reusable)
- Lunch tray?
- School lunch menu style – for information
- Food pyramid, stylized
- De Stijl?